5 Tips to Prepare Your Roof For Winter
As winter begins to approach our region, we want your roof to be prepared for the harsh weather. Here are a few tips we’ve put together to help you get ready.
- Check your roof line for any sagging, curving or dipping. Your roof line should be straight. If it is not, you will want to investigate and take action.
- Check chimney and vent areas for loose or damaged flashing. Look and see if the caulk is holding in place or if it’s cracked or deteriorating.
- Remove any debris from roof and gutters. Leaves, sticks and other debris can create clogs preventing rainwater and melted snow to freely drain to the gutters and to the ground.
- If you have trees near your house, make sure that limbs are not touching the roof and are a safe distance from the roof and gutter area. Limbs can get heavy with ice and snow and can hang on roofs and gutters and cause damage.
- Check the interior of the home for any signs of water leaks in roofs, walls and attics. If water stains appear, you need to investigate and take action.
Preparing for winter weather with these tips will help save you actions down the road. Make sure you keep an eye on your roof for signs of damage as severe weather hits our area.
If you are not sure what to look for, call BB Roofing for a free, no obligation inspection today. The damage can be difficult to spot. BB Roofing has HAAG certified inspectors in Nebraska, Kansas and Iowa that will ensure your roof has not been damaged. Once we review the roofing, we will work with you to put together the best solution to getting it fixed; a solution that works with your budget and timeline.