8 Tips On How To Pick An Omaha Roofing Company
Replacing your roof is a big decision. But how do you pick an Omaha roofing company? You want to choose the right company, but you don’t know what to look for. First rule of thumb is do not let cost be the only factor. Remember, you get what you paid for and since you will probably only replace a roof once, maybe twice in a lifetime; quality needs to be considered.
Here are 8 questions we would recommend you ask to help you make your decision when choosing an Omaha roofing company.
- How long have they been in business? You want an experienced roofing company. Plus, you don’t want to have to worry about them taking your money and leaving the next day. Someone with a good track record that you can count on.
- Are they licensed and insured? As a homeowner, you don’t want to take on the liability of an accident happening. Make sure that the Omaha roofing company you choose is licensed and insured.
- What past work experience do they have? Do your homework. Look at online reviews and ask for referrals.
- How does the roofing company respond to your questions? Replacing your roof is a big decision. You want to work with an Omaha roofing company that makes you feel comfortable with using them. They answer your questions, are friendly and easy to work with. They explain in detail problems and solutions.
- Get the contract in writing. Written documentation should be provided with every contract. Plus, a good Omaha roofing company will walk you through the contract step by step so nothing is left to explain. You should be able to understand all of it and the process for it.
- What happens if you are unsatisfied with their work? Ask the roofing company how they handle errors or unplanned repairs. How do they plan for the unexpected? That way, if something does happen that wasn’t planned for, you know how they will handle it.
- Does the old roof come off? Ask them if they tear off the old roof first or place it over the old roof. Some Omaha roofing companies will place a new roof over an old roof and in doing so they add more weight to the existing roof and they aren’t fixing the problem, but simply covering it up.
- Is the Omaha roofing company an authorized installer? This is something to consider because a manufacturer won’t honor their warranties when a roofer is not an authorized installer.
Consider these questions when looking for an Omaha roofing company to replace your roof. Call BB Roofing for a free, no obligation inspection today. The damage can be difficult to spot. BB Roofing has HAAG certified inspectors who will ensure your roof has not been damaged. Once we review the roofing, we will work with you to put together the best solution to getting it fixed; a solution that works with your budget and timeline.