How Can You Tell if Apartment Roofers Are Doing a Good Job?
The good thing is that you don’t have to be an expert to tell if your apartment roofer did a good job or not. A poor repair or installation will not only look bad, but will not perform as well. You’ll have a number of problems from leaks to structural damage and more.
Here are a few things to look for to see if your apartment roofers did a good job:
- Does your roof have drip edge flashing? Drip edge flashing is a material apartment roofing contractors should install on every roof edge. This material is used to prevent water damage to the structure and guard it against pest infestations. Look for a metal flashing that fits between the shingles and the underlayment on your shingle roof.
- Did your apartment roofer use quality underlayment? As an owner, you’ll want to look for this as the roof is being installed. This material is placed between the sheathing and the shingles of the structure. This acts as one more protective barrier to protect the structure from moisture. Underlayment will help protect the structure during the installment process as well. Make sure that the apartment roofers are using high-strength synthetic underlayment and not felt-paper.
- Does your roof look even and uniform in appearance? Take a good look around your apartment building and make sure the roof is uniform in appearance. Also look for sagging or shingles that are not uniform in color or appearance.
- Did the apartment roofers implement effective flashing practices? This is important around leak prone areas like chimneys or pipes. Check for metal flashing and not roof cement or caulks. Metal flashing holds up over time and does a better job or preventing leaks.
- Did they leave the job area as they found it? No one likes a mess. After the apartment roofers are done, make sure the mess is gone. Look around the grass area, inside landscaping and trees to make sure all debris is picked up. No harm should be done to your lawn, landscaping, trees or even your windows and siding.
If you are not sure about what to look for in your apartment roof repair or replacement, call BB Roofing for a free, no obligation roofing inspection today. The damage from snow, wind and hail can be difficult to spot. BB Roofing has HAAG certified inspectors in Nebraska, Kansas and Iowa that will ensure your home has not been damaged. Once we review the whole apartment complex, we will work with you to put together the best solution to getting it fixed; a solution that works with your budget and timeline.