Tips for Choosing the Best Kansas City Roofing Company
Fixing or replacing your roof is a big decision. You want to find and pick the best Kansas City roofing company for the job. But you don’t know how or what to look for in them? Replacing your roof is a big investment, so make sure you choose wisely. Here are 8 questions to ask your roofing company.
- How long has the roofing company been in business? You’ll want to find someone with a proven track record. Someone who has a lot of experience. You want to be extremely careful of companies that swoop into town after a big storm and then disappear as quickly as they came.
- Are they licensed and insured? You want a reputable Kansas City roofing company that holds the required permits and licenses for every job they perform. Plus, you want someone who carries insurance for their employees; which will cover them in the event someone is hurt while working on your roof.
- Check references, reviews and warranties. Ask for a list of homeowners who have used their services in the past. Look at their reviews online. Any company that performs thousands of roof installations each year will have reviews online to read. Make sure that all roofing companies in Kansas City are authorized installers for the shingle manufacturer. If they are not, the warranty will not be honored by the manufacturer.
- Get it in writing. Talk to as many roofing companies in Kansas City as you are comfortable with. Whether it be three or ten or more. Make sure that they are putting the price and all financial agreements in writing. No part of the agreement should be confusing.
- Who will perform the installation? Does the roofing company have it’s own crew or will they have to outsource it? Sometimes warranties are voided by the manufacturer if independent contractors install the roofs.
- What happens if you are unsatisfied with the roof work? If you are unsatisfied in any way with the work, will the roofing company fix it or make it right? Or will you be on the phone with a representative for hours? How will they handle it?
- Unexpected repairs. It seems that no matter how you plan and review a project, something unexpected comes along. Whether it’s big or small, how will the roofing company handle the repairs? If you ask them how they handle the unexpected, it will help you know what to expect.
- Off with the old and on with the new. Ask if the roofing company removes the old shingles or replaces right on top of the old. If they install right over the top of the roof this can add weight to the to a roof. Plus, it doesn’t fix any underlying problems that you can’t see under the shingles. It’s best to remove all of the old roofing and fix any problems before putting on new roofing.
Roofing repair is not something you want to put off, it’s best to give it attention right away. Small damage can become big damage and cause major problems. If you suspect you need your roofing repaired, call BB Roofing in Kansas City for a free, no obligation inspection today. The damage can be difficult to spot. BB Roofing has HAAG certified inspectors who will ensure your roof has not been damaged. Once we review the roofing, we will work with you to put together the best solution to getting it fixed; a solution that works with your budget and timeline.